Bringing you 10 Headlines in 600 words.
Also - ISIS Airstrike, KKK Revival
Australian Election (Politics) (Wall Street Journal)
Australia will be having its next election coming up in a short while. It will be their 6th leader in 6 years, as its revolving door policy keeps people constantly shifting around positions in the government.
KKK’ B-Day (Culture) (Nola)
The Ku Klux Klan is still alive and well, and as it approaches its 150th birthday, it is currently working on a more unified organization. Many smaller groups are now merging with larger groups, to build a stronger foundation for the future, leaders of it said.
Airstrikes on ISIS (War) (CNN)
Ally airstrikes recently targeted Isis munitions convoys, destroying about 170 vehicles. The number of vehicles destroyed is unsure, some of the Iraqi military even giving numbers in the 700 range for the vehicles destroyed. Either way, the convoy was carrying munitions that would have no doubt been used for a future attack.
Oculus CEO Hacked (Technology) (PC)
CEO of Oculus, large VR Headset Company, was recently hacked. His twitter account was compromised after he admiringly stated he used an older, less secure password and didn’t implement two factor authentication. The hacker says that he’ll give it back for a free Oculus Rift headset.
Publication Abbreviation (Updates/Personal)
Interrupting your news, I would like to make it known quickly that, for all future publications, when reasonable, I will be shortening the title of this series, to the abbreviation, “L Today”, this will be used on places like Twitter and Facebook, as well as, in some links.
Donald is Lagging Behind (Politics) (Washington Times)
Mr. Trump has been lagging behind Hillary Clinton for weeks now. In the recent Fox poll, only 49% felt he would be a fit leader, whilst the other 51% said they would rather have “someone else”. In the Washington Post, he dropped 8% when compared to the month prior, and there is a lot of concern that, should he be elected, the nation would fall apart. Clinton still maintains huge leads on him.
Bombings in Kabul (War) (LA Times)
Two suicide bombers recently attacked areas of Kabul, Afghanistan, killing 30 people and injuring an upwards of 58. The first man approached a convoy of buses, whilst the second detonated a vehicle filled with more explosives, injuring rescue personnel.
Visa/MasterCard Resolution (Business) (Forbes)
After several charges were made against these large credit card companies, for the fees they charge to process transactions, as well as, security issues with the processing, Visa and MasterCard both walked away with fees equaling over $7 billion, after a hefty batch of court cases on the charge of breaking the United States anti-trust laws.
Tesla Crash on Autopilot (Technology) (Detroit Free Press)
Whilst in autopilot mode, an owner of a Tesla Model S Sedan crashed the car, resulting in a fatality. Tesla says that this is their first recorded death in over 130 million miles; since autopilot became a feature in their vehicles. They, also, say that normally there is a vehicle fatality every 60 miles or so worldwide, highlighting there safety standards.
Wreck-It Ralph Sequel (Entertainment) (E!)
Disney recently announced a sequel to its 2012 success of the same name, it will be out in theaters come 2018. In a brilliant reveal on a Facebook live stream, the producer began to reveal core plot details, but couldn’t get much out before the video froze, much to super fans dismay.
Bid for Hershey’s (Business) (Wall Street Journal)
Iconic American candy company, Hershey, known for Kisses and Reese’s, just got a bid from another large candy company, Mondelez (parent of Nabisco), to merge together for $23 billion. Hershey’s rejected, saying there was no reason to. Had the deal gone through, they would have been the largest snack company in the world.
The Schafer Web-Log
Articles, Reviews, Futurism, Current Events, and More!